A BLESSED LIFE!!!!

Never taking one single breath for granted.... enjoying the journey one day at a time!

Monday, October 3, 2011

A special Game...











So this weekend was the annual BYU vs. Utah State game.. every since Kael passed away this is a bitter sweet one for me. The 2 schools play on Friday so they can participate in conference for the church during the weekend. This is the only football game Kael was ever able to attend. I am so grateful we took him with us to that game and made it a family night. I will cherish those memories forever. That night was perfect the weather was good, the boys were well behaved, Kael seemed to be feeling ok and wasn't fussy at all. We had all of his gear and were ready for the night to start. The game was amazing BYU smoked Utah State and afterwards we thought it would be cool to go over to the locker room and take pictures with all of the players and our family. Oh how precious those pictures are. We drove home thinking all was well and that Kael did amazing. Oh how we were wrong. I am so glad that he was so strong and stuck it out for us so that we could all go together for one game before he passed, having those memories are irreplaceable. So here we are now 3 years later and in Provo for the game. Kael is in heaven but I cant help but think of him the whole night!! We decided to take Landon with us even though it was a late game because he was begging us to come. He behaved so well. I couldn't believe how much he loved it and how excited he was. I got choked up a few times tears in my eyes fighting back the wallowing in the back of my throat and enjoying the game. Landon was extra snugly and for that I am grateful. I needed him Friday night and he was a gem. I am so lucky to have these boys and Layne in my life. I cherished every moment of this game just like I did 3 years ago. I prayed that Kael was in that stadium with us.. I'm sure he was and that's why I was able to be so strong. I picture his sweet face what it would be like today and pray to Heavenly Father that he is holding him tight, singing him songs, rocking him and caring for him until I hopefully get the chance someday. Luckily BYU pulled the game out in the last minute and won it was amazing!! We had lots of fun and built more family memories!!

2 comments:

Alesha said...

What a special night.

Ashley said...

What a sweet memory! I am sure he was there with you, I just know it :) Glad that it was a good night ((Hugs))

Post a Comment

Listen to brigey66s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones