A BLESSED LIFE!!!!

Never taking one single breath for granted.... enjoying the journey one day at a time!

Sunday, January 19, 2014

humility.....

I have so many things I need to blog about  I am so far behind, I will get to those posts but today I need to blog about the life lessons I am learning. Last Saturday I fell and broke my left arm.  Its been quite a challenge to get anything done! I am not one to ask for help but have had no choice this past week. I've been trying to figure out what this trial is supposed to teach me... I think it's too slow down,  realize all the good around me,  patience and that I can't do it all its okay to ask for help. It's really hard not being able to do the things I'm use to and love I need help holding tiara, changing her diapers,  feeding her. I need help showering,  washing my hair,  combing my hair, getting dressed,  I cant clean do laundry, heck I can't even lock my computer at work or put my own coat on and as im typing this post is with one hand fingers pecking at the key board.  What I'm trying to say though is this has taught me to slow down,  enjoy the small things and that is okay if everything is not perfect all the time.  If the laundry sits for a day or two, all the toys arent put away or if theres a few dishes in the sink. Its also teaching me to appreciate what I have. Layne has been amazing through all of this.  He has been so patient,  helpful and kind.  He didn't mumble and groan that he had to shower me or brush my hair,  hes filled in being Mr mom and has mastered the laundry. I owe him BIG time. We've had many friends and family step up to help with cleaning the house,  helping with tiara when she was in the hospital and I have some amazing friends who have stepped up huge to help me out at work.  I guess what I am saying is I am so blessed and so thankful for the life I have and for those who are in it.  Ill do better to slow down and enjoy the small stuff!!!!

P.s. This has also inspired me that I need to get back into shape any of my health curbs want to give me some tips?  Also if you see me and I have a cupcake or cookie kindly tell me to put it down! !! Starting on a journey for a healthier me!

2 comments:

Chantel said...

I'm so sorry. I hope you get well soon!

Unknown said...

Oh gosh so sorry to hear about your arm! I do know what it is like to be dependent on others and it is humbling. I'ts awesome that you are letting it teach you something! I need to slow down myself and have been working on that:) the cookies also;)

Post a Comment

Listen to brigey66s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones